I made it to OZ!!!
Hi all,
After leaving Vancouver on Jan. 28th and flying 2 hours to San Francisco, 13 hours to Auckland and 4 hours to Melbourne plus an hours drive to Geelong, I finally made it!!! I zombied my way through the 30th and never experienced the 29th!
I have met a great group of Canadian and International/exchange students. I have moved into a 3 bedroom house with Heather - Canadian, and Bree - Australian. I am walking distance to the school and a bus ride to downtown Geelong.
Last week a few of us figured out how to catch the train to Southern Cross Station in Melbourne and visited the aquarium. There are a LOT of things that can kill you in Australia and we saw some of them at that aquarium. If I was unsure about heading into the ocean, this just confirmed my fears. Sharks, jellyfish, blue octopus and the undertow or 'rip' can really pull you out from shore. Even after seeing all these creatures, a few days later we headed to the beach at Torquay. It is beautiful and all that you imagine Australia to be. I only stuck a few toes in the water and kept my eyes peeled for jellyfish. We saw a few jellyfish on the beach and I'm pretty sure they're not the deadly kind.
Yesterday Heather and I picked up our handy dandy bikes from Kmart, making it easier to get around. We are ready to explore even more of this great town and country.
I must now appologize for the lack of photos. As in there are none, which sucks! I should have internet in my home within the next week and as soon as I do I will update with many many pictures.
Until then, do more, see more. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home