Tuesday, October 07, 2008

New Apartment

I have successfully moved from Guelph to London. The movers arrived early on the 30th of September and packed up everything. That afternoon my mom arrived and my brother, mom and I went for dinner. We stayed at my brother's place and early the next morning my mom and I left the cats behind and drove to my new home in London. When we arrived we found out the previous tenants had not moved out until midnight the night before. The painter arrived first, then the carpet cleaner and just to add to the party the movers arrived. At one point my mom and I were in my room trying to stay out of the way of everyone working on my apartment. The carpet cleaner left, the painter left and finally the movers left and about 5 minutes later the guy from Rogers showed up to hook up my cable! Once the apartment was empty my mom and I worked for four days straight to set up my new home. We emptied every single box, we moved furniture, we hung curtains, hung pictures and cleaned heaps. Well actually my mom did the cleaning. She scrubbed both the windows and the floors until they shone. And now my apartment really feels like home. 

My brother and aunt and uncle showed up with the cats and we all (minus the cats) went out to Spageddy Eddy's for great, big bowls of great pasta. 
The cats love the large balcony, I've walked to the local bar and the movies. I've dropped off many business cards to local schools and walked around my neighbourhood. Now I just need to get a couple more days of work!
Let me know when you're coming for a visit. 

1 Comments:

At 7:03 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ruth
nice to see you have got your own place at last and work thats even better say hi to all the family

Mavis OZ

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home